Archive for design
Something I’ve been missing in lord of the test is some kind of decoration for townbuilding. You would think that the medival setting would mean carts full of apples, taverns, barbers and such but the decorative elements are indeed lacking. For a game that is so new most things are working perfectly well but its kinda bare. So I’m working on a project of decorations for a normal city, starting with store signs. As an unexperienced coder I’ve looked at the signs_lib and default signs coding to se how they work and if I could possible make a “type and get the sign”-thing but still have no Idea if I even will get close. But just modifying and trying to identify parts of code helps me understand Lua better and better.
What I’ve been working on the last days is a typeface and a background for the signs.
I got a tip from a friend that I should try to use a wacom pad instead of a mouse. And since I have been working a lot lately with modifying a texture pack to minetest (those posts disappeared when the blog crashed) I felt like it was worth a shot. Because It is extremely difficult to use a mouse to paint and edit pictures and drawings, especially if you spent a lot of time to paint with ordinary pens and brushes. And my partner have had a wacom lying around a long time now so I already had all I needed.
I spent a few hours playing around hand sketching and editing drawings I already had. It’s an incredible difference from using a mouse. The plate has a high sensitivity and I would say that by being able to use small strokes and a steadier hand it increases precision with probably around 20 times that of a normal mouse! It’s almost shameful that I have not tried it before. But as with everything else it takes practice and rest between practising. Tonight I have sketched in maybe four hours straight and need to stretch my legs.
Work on the banner goes incredibly slowly. Mostly because I work hard on my texture pack to Minetest and forget what else I have to do. But I’ll try and fix the best I can and I’m really pleased with my first drafts. Meanwhile I have made a temporary banner with a cute robot and the same font used for the info sheet to UHCK I did a while ago.
Also: I have an email address for this site – firstname.lastname@example.org
Umeåhackerspace have just installed an open sign showing in red, green, yellow if they are open, closed or are away for a while. They have linked this function both to their IRC channel and website. And for the home page, they needed a picture to show the sign. So I pulled together a sidebarfriendy digital sign. It was designed in Inkscape and downloaded the fonts from the internet.
— a revived posts from feb 10 -2014
So, my friends and I are having a party. A pyjamas party. I have a long time wanted to have comfortable clothes to slither around in the home, but still be able to open the door to visitors. And I need more clothes with hoods and cat ears. So I thought to take the opportunity to fix this in time for the party on Friday (on Valentine’s Day!).
I prefer to sew the two pieces so that it comes as close to normal clothes as possible, but in pajamas fabric. (or a dress with self-made leggings, we’ll see.) The main thing is that it does not look as if you slithered around in workout clothes for a whole week. And I’m very fond of hot pants. They are tightest around the thickest piece of the thighs and slims the hips but also shows the long sexy legs. And it’s hard for a butt to look bad in a pair of tight little hot pants.
I used an old pattern that I made some years ago and cut it out in some old jeans. I then stitched them together and tried them on and were really impressed of how well they fit. I will then take them apart and make some adjustments so that I get the look i’m going for right.
The pants I used was men’s trousers so the fly means that I have to be careful when I traces of the pattern. The risk is that it becomes too much fabric on the front and then the whole front will sag. As you can see the back is wider so the seams on the sides do not fall along the legs but a little on the front. It is important to write down all that kind of detail as to do for the new pattern. Otherwise, it is easy to continue to make adjustments until you do not know what is in front and back anymore.